Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My life's that interesting.

Before I start, I just thought I'd say this: I've decided that in each of my posts, I'll add a comic strip from the Garfield books by Jim Davis, just because I find them hilarious. I, in no way, take credit for the drawings, idea-- basically, I just scanned the books and thought I'd share some of them with you because well, they're funny and I like sharing funny stuff.

That came out a bit weird, but anyway, I think what I'm trying to do is a disclaimer - I don't want to be sued. *laughs nervously* I think everything belongs to Jim Davis. I'm not sure. ^_^ The books belong to me, though.

Here goes.

Now that this is over and I've already probably bored you out of your mind, on to the real post.

I'm in love!

No really, people say when you're in love you feel extremely happy and bubbly and everything is just dandy. Well that's exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Because I'm on holidays!

Yeah so technically I'm not in love, but I can use that as a metaphor or something, right?

In my last post, I said I'd blog about the interesting things that would surely happen during my exams. Nothing interesting happened. Which is very unsettling with me. I usually have such fun stories to tell about what happened during a particular paper, but this year, everything was normal. Bizarrely normal.

Except maybe on Friday when I had the fright of my life. Not really 'of my life', but I had a minor panic attack. Okay, major.

I had just finished with my Accounting Paper 1 - Multiple Choice Questions. It was a horrible paper; the answers I got from my oh-so intelligent computations were not one of the multiple choices given. Needless to say, I was beyond upset after the paper and when I gathered my things and went to fetch my bag in the back (bag in the back, ha ha), I didn't notice that I forgot my spare calculator under my desk. I was engrossed in hysterically complaining about the paper to a girl from my class, but it could not have been more than five seconds (or was it sixty?) later, when I realised that my spare calculator wasn't with me. My eyes widened -

I do realise this is not a book I am writing here, I've no idea why I felt the need to mention my facial expression.

I swept around (yes, I swept around. Like Cinderella did when the clock struck midnight) and went back to my desk - it took me thirteen more seconds to find it since all desks look alike and I had forgotten where I was seated in the first place - but my calculator was nowhere in sight! I asked everyone if they had seen a calculator, no one did.

No one even paid attention to me. They didn't even look at me when I walked up and down the rows of desks, bending to look under said desks, looking like the hunchback of Notre Dame. They didn't bother asking what I was looking for!

...

I don't look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. *cough*

Not my point. People at school pay no attention to me.

... Also not my point.

My calculator was gone, gone, gone!

Hear the echo that makes it all more dramatic than it really is?

I was panicking and couldn't actually believe that some #%*#)$!--person stole my calculator! There was no way someone could have taken it by accident.

No way in my mind, anyway.

I walked to a teacher and told him about how my calculator friggin' disappeared. I was hoping he had assumed that the owner of the calculator had already left and he had kept it in a special drawer for the owner to come pick it up another time or something.

But no. He actually scolded me and told me to be careful - like it was my fault I had lost it!

Which, come to think of it, might have been my fault, really. But how was I supposed to know a girl would take my calculator in front of everybody when I had my back turned for not even five seconds?

When I left the examination room, I bumped into a group of friends of mine and I told them all about it. I was angry, by that time. And I made such a scene when I left school, puffing, stomping my feet and rolling my eyes.

"Unbelievable! Someone actually stole my calculator in the five seconds that I wasn't looking! That bitch!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I said that a bit loudly because some girls turned to stare at me as if I had gone mental.

Like I said, major panic attack.

Well not really panic; more like major blood-boiling-and-overheating-brain attack.

At least to me, it was major. I don't usually have outbursts like that. I'm known to be calm and collected in times of crisis *cough* but I was extremely shocked by the loss of my calculator.

A friggin' calculator.

God, I so overreacted.

I was walking home, still thinking about my calculator - I was murmuring to myself (cursing, really) on the street. I was extremely upset - having done badly in my Accounting paper and having lost my spare calculator.

Spare.

'Overreacted' isn't the right word anymore. What's a stronger word than that?

...

My legs usually automatically take me home but that day I don't know what happened. It was like, even my legs were upset by the loss of my calculator.

So upset, they made me walk into a parked car.

A parked car.

A parked car.

I've said it thrice already here, but in my head, it's like the bazillion-and-fifth time. I still can't believe I walked into a parked car.

Was I not looking where I was going? How does one even do that?

My right knee still kind of hurts but I got over it already. It's the fact that I walked into a parked car that I still haven't gotten over.

A parked car.

It wasn't moving. I was moving. I could have moved away, but no, I walked into a not-moving car.

Friday was not my day.

Anyway, it turned out that my calculator was taken by accident. When I told a girl from school, at my tuition later that day, that I had lost my calculator, she immediately told me that she saw a calculator and gave it to some other girl because she thought it was hers.

I could have throttled her on the spot.

But I was calm and collected.

I'm that great.

I called the other girl and I got my calculator back on Monday. Though I hate Mondays, I hate losing things more, so I couldn't have been happier when I got my calculator back.

Except if Monday had been run over and died. Then I would have been happier.

But today's Wednesday, and I'm on holidays - so everything is absolutely dandy. (I'm loving that word, don't ask why (not that I thought you'd ask why anyway))

So this post is long enough. I'll end it now. I need to catch up on the blogs I'm following - I've missed a lot during my exams.

Ugh, exams. I hope the 1st of December doesn't come too quickly. That's when I'll get the results.

Until next time --

You'd think being on holidays and all I'd have plenty of fun stuff to do outside of the house. It's not the case. For now. I hope.

So I'll be here, reading blogs and refreshing my twitter page.

I'm that cool.

Follow me on twitter?

5 comments:

  1. Hope your knee is better...and that parked car probably just jumped out at you.. the same way the bus stop post jumped out at me and caused me to crash may car into it. Stupid post totalled my car. Enjoy your holidays!

    x

    www.kittymoore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those days. I sympathize. I was having one of those days, too, recently, and what set me off was finger gently hit my desk when I was trying to get up. I flipped, let me tell you. It was awful. :O

    And I agree with Kitty Moore; that car probably pulled in front of you (of it's own accord) and then pretended to be parked, just to fuck with you (they can sense anxiety and feed off of it).


    WMD

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a funny story. i hate losing things. hope your knee is good after the parked car incident :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty Moore: Thank you, it is better now. I think you're right actually. It seemed pretty impossible for me to walk into a parked car! We should all watch out for moving inanimate objects (if that even makes sense). Sorry to hear about your car! Thanks for commenting. (:

    WMD: Ouch! It really sounds awful. I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly. >< I agree too. I must look out for those as from now on. Thank you for passing by my blog!

    rockchic09: Yes, it's better now, thank you. And thank you also for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor thing. I completely relate to the parked car and I loved the calculator story. Nice to see you back as well

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete