Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bonjour, La France!

À noter/Note: Je parle français dans certaines parties de ce message. / I speak French in some parts of this post.

I’ve noticed that people visit my blog from France quite often. This made me wonder if they/you are just visiting my blog or are actually reading.

Because if you’re reading, and are from France, then you know both French and English.

That’s kind of cool.

Parce que moi aussi je parle français!

I was just curious who from France reads my blog. Et je voulais aussi savoir qui de France visite mon blog mais se retrouve deçu de voir que c’est en anglais.

Si vous êtes de France mais ne parlez pas l’anglais, laissez un commentaire pour me faire savoir que vous êtes passés par là. ^_^

Je sais que nous sommes en 2009, et beaucoup, mais alors là, beaucoup de gens peuvent parler plus d’une langue, mais j’ai reçu plus de quinze visites de France et ça m’intrigue enormément.

Je n’ai aucune idée pourquoi. Ça m’intrigue tout court.

Je suppose que je veux juste savoir s’il y a des Français qui lisent mon blog. Pour ceux qui ne sont pas de France mais vous comprenez le français, laissez un commentaire aussi!

I guess I’ll make this post about how many people on blogger know different languages. I only know three languages – two of them are kind of obvious, and the third one is Creole. Which is what we speak here in Mauritius.

I’d love to learn Mandarin as a fourth language. But right now, I don’t have time for that. I’m also interested in Japanese, Korean and Spanish.

So I can watch soap operas and other dramas without reading the subtitles.

Anyway, what language(s) do you speak, other than English? And what language(s) have you considered learning but didn’t get around to? Or, which one(s) are you planning on learning? Or currently are?

That was supposed to be only one question, but eh, just let me know in the comments. ^_^

I’ll make another post this week to tell you all about how weird these past few days have been (to me). I’m still a bit freaked (in a bad way) right now so I don’t really know what to say about it. Hopefully, by the end of the week, my head will be clearer.

Also, I’ve been having a killer headache since Friday and it’s impossible to do much because of it.

Not that I usually do a lot of things.

I just like having the possibility to.

Which I currently don’t.

Please don’t forget to leave a comment! And if you can, comment in another language (ie. not in English), I’d love that! But do put in a translation.

À moins que c’est en français, bien évidemment.

Merci!

Until next time,

I’m watching a Taiwanese Drama without subtitles.

Hopefully, this will help improve my Mandarin.

P.S. It’s my Mum’s birthday today! I hope everyone had/will have a good day! Especially her. But she won’t be reading this. Still, I’d like to say, Happy Birthday Mum! I love you loads. (:

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday kimmy's mom!

    maderin is kind of hard in the 4 accents. if you don't get that right people won't understand you. but you obviously have a talent in language so go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I heard that from somewhere; I really hope I can at least understand it in the future. You've learnt Mandarin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I can understand that French. I can't really speak it myself, though, not really good with expressing myself in other languages. I speak Cantonese and Mandarin fluently, though - but obviously, not as well as English.

    Michael.
    Do you hate it too?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your mum.

    I only speak French as a second language sadly. I would love to learn Italian too.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I speak Spanish and french. I'm hoping to learn italian and portuguese one day. It's so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete