Just when I thought that today was going to be a good day, I see the sun shining outside. I hate summer.
Wait, don’t start throwing rocks at me, I don’t hate summer, I just don’t like the heat, the humidity in the air (and believe me, here it’s more than 60% of humidity)(Actually, don’t believe me, I’m not that sure), and the ‘my skin is on fire!’ feeling that you get when you walk outside. It’s like, 32 degrees here (I think) and soon enough, we might start getting hallucinations. Plus, when it’s hot, you can’t put less clothes on – especially when you’re a prude like me – you just have to bear with the heat, and the beads of sweat at your temples, above your lips, under your arms -- I don’t have beads of sweat in any of those places, I swear. But when it’s cold, you don’t have this problem. You just cover up with big and super classy coats. Long ones.
And you can wear your favourite boots.
And gloves.
And colourful scarves that stand out against your dark coat.
Oh my God I want to go to Canada so badly!
Anyway, now that I’ve bitched – *cough* complained about the weather, can I just ask a question? How is the weather in wherever-you-are-right-now?
...
I think the heat has done something to my brain.
Melt it maybe?
If this is the case, then I have one more reason to freak out. See, I’m already freaking out about how my end-of-year exams are only a week away and I haven’t started studying yet. And if I have no brain, how the hell am I supposed to – okay, I do realise that is an actual impossibility. If I didn’t have a brain, would I be writing this right now? Would I have a blog?
No. See?
I have a brain.
But I’m still freaking out about not being ready for my exams. Everyone is at home studying. I’m at home too, except, writing a bunch of stuff to post on my blog instead of studying.
I’m writing about having to study instead of writing instead of studying! (Try to see how this is grammatically correct)
Although, I have to say, last week, I did read a few paragraphs from my Business studies book. That counts as studying, right? So I did start. Huh.
I feel much better now.
I’ve decided that as from tomorrow, I’m going to focus on my studies and do loads of past exam papers. Yeah, tomorrow. Today just isn’t a good day. I went out for lunch with my family earlier and now I’m tired as hell! My two little cousins, one is ten, the other six, (Six! And she’s – I think – hyperactive. Which makes it that much harder to keep an eye on her when she grabs my mobile phone and runs around the restaurant, playing with it. But she’s still the cutest.), asked me to give them piggyback rides, so now I think I’m pretty much exhausted from running around the restaurant myself.
I can’t believe I ran around the restaurant like the hunchback of Notre Dame, giving piggyback rides to my ten-years-old-big cousin. The things I do for my family!
Come to think of it, today has been a great day – so far. I love my family. They’re the most important people in my life. After me, of course.
Haha, I’m just kidding, really.
Really.
I’m not that self-centred, even if I have a blog where I write about my own life. But that’s as much self-centred as I can get.
Oh, also, how can I be self-centred when I read other people’s blog as well? I like knowing about other bloggers’ life. *smiles in a non-creepy way*
Okay, I have to end this post. It’s getting harder to type with my gloves on.
And I need to take off my boots and my long black coat and purple scarf. The heat is killing me.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First of all, I LOVE the purple text on the black background. Thanks for visting my blog & definitely keep writing! :-)
ReplyDeleteWell Kimmy, it looks like I am going to be your first commenter. In answer to your question, the weather has been lovely today after a week of non-stop rain. So I cant' rant about the weather. I am in Brazil btw, so rain at this time of the year is to be expected.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea where you are, you don't have a profile and you haven't said, although I do notice that you have three flags from Mauritius on your widget, which leads me assume...
Anyway, just a welcome to the blogosphere, you've started off well, keep going.
AV
http://itsnotthecoffin.blogspot.com/
My sentiments exactly. In the middle of a NYC summer, I want to go around with a chef knife stabbing people! And the subways, OMG!!!! You can't breathe! I'm looking to go to Alaska when I retire, if the NYC summers don't kill me first!
ReplyDeletePeace...
Charlene: Sorry, I didn't put my URL, but I'm glad you found my blog! Thank you too. (:
ReplyDeleteAV: It looks like your not my first commenter! Thank you for commenting and replying to my question. By "lovely" you mean sunny? I hope it's not too hot. Yes, you've assumed well. (: Thank you!
WRWYR: I'm glad I'm not alone on this. (: Thank you for commenting!
I live in Wisconsin (United States), and it is freeeezing here and it's only autumn! We've already been forecast for flurries in October! It's insane how cold it gets here, so I will gladly switch places with you m'dear. Even though, I must admit, I love Wisconsin (sometimes).
ReplyDelete=]]
I followed!
XOXO
Jamie Nicole
http://reasons2forget.blogspot.com