This is my first post with pictures (there are more at the end so do keep reading to have a look at them! ^_^ ) but let me give a small introduction first.
I’ve been going around looking for interesting blogs to read since yesterday (that’s a weird sentence. Almost like I actually physically went around looking for them!) and I found quite a few very interesting ones. Funny too. I’m glad I created a blog. I think I am more open-minded from all the reading I’ve been doing now.
I heard recently that you have to be open-minded to make it in life, so there. But I know I’m never going to be as open-minded as “necessary”. Or so I heard.
I hear a lot of things.
Voices in my head aren’t those things. *cough*
Right, to be open-minded, one has to be unbiased, activist, accessible, unprejudiced, flexible and tolerant. (Pretend that you didn’t know I just listed down the words given by Thesaurus. If you really didn’t know, pretend that I didn’t just say that. Thank you.) But I can’t be tolerant! Not of everything, at least. See, when I guiltily logged in on my Facebook account just this morning (Guiltily, because I haven’t been on Facebook for a few weeks. Because of Twitter and Blogger. I feel like I’ve been cheating on Facebook or something, so yeah, guiltily), I had a look at the Groups I was a member of and I judge you when you use poor grammar. is one of those groups. I realised that, if I had joined such a group, I’m not as tolerant as I thought. I mean, read the following and if you totally don’t care, you’ll know you’re open-minded. I think.
"Your awesome."
"I'll meet you at they're house."
"Follow me too the party."
It also adds:
If mistakes like these make you want to whip out your red pen, join this group.
So I couldn’t not join it. I’ll admit, even I have made mistakes like these. But they were typos.
They were typos okay!?
...
I try checking everything I write before posting it anywhere – in Chat conversations, on Twitter, on my blog, when I post a comment – anywhere, really, but I don’t exactly have the eagle eye. It happens that I leave a few mistakes behind. But what about those who, even if they saw a mistake, didn’t realise it was a mistake? What about those who genuinely don’t know that their grammar is, well, crap?
I mean, this is crap, right?
“thank you for calling... and making me realising...”
Really? Making you realising? What is that?
Anyway, when it’s on the internet like that, words exchanged between friends, it’s okay to make mistakes I guess. It happens to the best of us. Even to journalists or published writers on Blogger. I’m not pointing any finger here. But what about the grammar/punctuation mistakes in ads, important signs or posters that are meant to be read by everybody? I posted some pictures from the Facebook group I judge you when you use poor grammar. And I love the comments that the group members make on them. They always come up with the funniest explanation for the grammar mistakes in the pictures!
Before we start, I just have to say: I only selected the funniest comments (to me) I could find for the respective pictures. Also, since I don’t know these people, I only gave their first name. I hope I’m not violating any rules here, by copying what they said on Facebook to put on my blog. Plus, the group is accessible to anyone on the internet; I’m not doing anything wrong here, am I? (:
Another thing, the pictures don’t belong to me. I hope I’m not violating some other rule here as well. ^_^
...
Some people say I’m boring because I hate defying the rules. I like to call myself cautious. Very cautious.
Don’t start calling me Very Cautious.
All right, here we go.
This was five years after the start of the Iraq war.
Judi: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I finally get it (smacks self in forehead)! They are walking to "Many" (wherever that is, I'm not a geography buff) and it's going to take them 5 years to get there!

Todd: That's pathmetic.
Get it? Pathmetic! Arithetic! Haha!
Instead of “us” they put “ourselves”. Like they had to fill the whole width of the sign or something. But Ley, below, thinks it wasn’t a grammatical error. Hilarious!
Ley: Please advise our elves.
Judi: Excuse me...ummmmmmm...yes, I'd like to report a problem with the toilets; the sign is not correct you MORONS! Yourselves need to take a refresher English lesson or 2!

Russ: Will the person responsible for the lettering in the yellow area, please queue up in the red lane.
I think the colour of the picture is a bit messed up. But you can guess what the red lane is, right? Haha, I laughed so hard at this one! And this one too:
Sue: The same painter as the Loading Znoe dude?
Shawn: "Sotp! Police!"
Jim: SOTP = Signs, Obviously Terribly Painted!
So tell me, do spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes and improper use of punctuations (especially apostrophes) bother you as much as they bother me? ^_^



Sure they bother me but I don't let that sotp me. LOL! Love the mistakes. I'm a follower now.
ReplyDeleteSparkless: Haha hilarious, aren't they? Thank you! And also, sorry. I meant to follow earlier, but somehow I forgot to press the "Follow Blog" button!
ReplyDeleteeven though i made many mistakes myself, this still made me laughing (just kidding!) lol!
ReplyDeleteSarah: haha your comment made me laughing too! :D Thank you for visiting my blog and following!
ReplyDeleteWowza, this is one LONG post. Really good though. I decided to follow you as soon as I saw the quotation marks picture at the top. Great stuff.
ReplyDeletePMFoutofwater: I know! the longest I've posted so far. Thank you!
ReplyDeletethis shit bothers me so much when other people do it. somehow i miss them all the time when i'm writing my own. hopefully you'll still follow me when you find my poor grammar. maybe my funny will make up for it.
ReplyDeletemissykimmy - thanks for stopping by. I am going to try and be very careful not to make any speielliing mistakes near your blog. (See what I did there)
ReplyDeleteKate xx
Nomad: Your funny will definitely make up for it. (: Thank you for commenting and following!
ReplyDeleteKate: Haha, how can I not? Thank you for stopping by too. (:
thanks for the positive comment on my blog and for following. Ur blog is very nice as well and im now following yours :)
ReplyDeleterockchic: Thank you too. (:
ReplyDeleteOh yes, they bother me too. I am such a pedant.
ReplyDeleteI particularly hate when people say & write "could of"/"would of"/should of" instead of "could have" etc.
Grrr!!!
Love your blog. Will follow it :)
Love the pictures. I'll admit I don't always check my spelling and grammar online but in real life, I agree its important. Loved the entry, it made me laugh!
ReplyDeletewww.carolinablondeemma.blogspot.com
Hahahahahahahaha. I've seen some of those before, and some of which I haven't. They will always entertaining.
ReplyDeleteI've blogged a bit on poor grammar as well (here). It drives me nuts.
I think it's great that you've started this blog too, and you certainly should be open-minded in your blogosphere exploration.
Thanks for stopping my blog, I shall be paying attention to yours.
Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Very true indeed!
ReplyDeleteI agree, wrong spellings do annoy me. But I must admit at times I too make them.
At times I wonder, people make obvious spelling mistakes just to draw attention. We often overlook the obvious signs, but if all had the keen eye (just like yours)it would help spread word about them (if we ignore the negative aspect of that publicity.)
Loved the pictures you've posted in the article.Keep up the good work kimmy.
Cheers!!
ConFuschias: Haha, me too! thank you. (:
ReplyDeleteEmma: I'm glad it made you laugh; it relieves the pressure, doesn't it?
Michael: Haha, thank you for dropping by and following! I've read the post and commented. (:
Chatterbox: Some indeed do do it on purpose, I hate that. Oh it's not that I have the keen eye, I just love spotting mistakes. I have no idea why. You're right. (: Thank you, visit again soon!
Haha those were hilarious! But, I have one thing to say to this comment...“thank you for calling... and making me realising...”
ReplyDeleteYep, the grammar in that is definitely wrong. But because I'm Aussie, I'd argue that the spelling is right :)
Btw, on my online dating profile (oh how I cringe as I type that!) I've explicitly stated that I don't want people who text type. Anal, I know. But there are fewer things that turn me off than a message written by a 30 year old man, who you'd assume was a 13 year old boy.
youmakemydate: The spelling is definitely correct to me too, there's no arguing here. (: Haha, I see what you mean, and completely agree. Thank you for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteHello! I found you from a comment on my blog so thanks for stopping by. Great post. I completely agree. Actually, i was a member of that group on facebook! You have a new follower: Me! :)
ReplyDeleteLou: I love that group, you're not a member anymore? Thank you too! I really appreciate it. ^_^
ReplyDeleteHi! I found your link in a forum, and just just HAD to read the entry once I saw the image at the top! I am sooo like that too! I am majorly OCD about grammatical and spelling errors like that too! Thanks for posting! It's a great read! Check out my blog and see if you'd like to follow me please. I'm still new to this! Thanks again for posting!
ReplyDeleteKatie: Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thank you too for visiting and commenting on my blog! I'm checking yours out right now. (:
ReplyDeleteGrate post, I luvd it, and kool pixs two.
ReplyDeletebtw misskimmy, you've been tagged:
http://itsnotthecoffin.blogspot.com/2009/10/tag-guilty-or-innocent.html
AV
AV: haha I think I just died a little inside when I read your comment, but thank you! :D I've been tagged? I'll check it out right now. (:
ReplyDelete