It's Saturday night, 31st October 2009. (I could have left out the year but anyway.) I went clubbing with some of my closest friends and everything was as normal as could be. I guess.
Except of course there was this guy who I'm going to call Nancy.
Because he feels like a Nancy to me.
Okay, that was mean. I'll just call him Apple.
Which is a better name than Mr. A. Piao.
Those of you who follow me on Twitter might remember seeing this before. But anyway --
You know what? I just got a call from this other guy I went clubbing with that same night. I'll call him... Melon.
Those fruit-names aren't sitting well with me. It's just that his name starts with an M.
I guess I'll call him M.
Back to the phone call.
It's midnight and M, the guy who I found out Monday, has a crush on me, calls me. And I totally blow him off.
I think he noticed.
When I picked up the phone, he asked what I was doing.
It's midnight! People are usually sleeping at midnight, dummy!
Maybe not me, but he doesn't know that.
Unless he really knows me.
I seriously doubt it.
So I told him I was sleeping and his call woke me up.
He said, "Oh, you were sleeping?"
I instantly felt bad for lying though. I was actually writing this post (the beginning of it anyway) while watching my new favourite TV Show, House M.D.
But I didn't want to talk to M. He loves talking on the phone for hours without really talking about anything. I didn't mind postponing this update but it kind of bugs me to talk for so long when I can be watching my show.
I mean, I like conversations on the phone, but when I have a show to watch, do not disturb me. I can be very rude and you might end up with a broken heart.
Which is what I think happened to M. Not sure yet.
He started apologising for disturbing me.
And I asked him what was wrong.
I made my voice groggy and all that just to make my lie more believable.
I think he noticed. I don't know if it's me being paranoid about getting caught at lying.
"You weren't home all day today, were you?" he asked.
Like he was testing me or something.
"Why?"
"Didn't see you on-line at all today."
I knew he was going to say that. I actually didn't log on because of him.
But I couldn't tell him that could I? The guy has a crush on me for God's sake!
"I just wasn't on the computer that much."
I could hear him close to asking - why not? What did you do all day? - I had to stop him. Or more lies would have come out of my mouth. "So why did you call?" I asked.
"I just couldn't go to sleep."
Then he kept talking, and I felt so bad for lying to him like that. "Anyway, I'm sorry I called. You should go back to sleep." He sounded miserable, I tell you.
"Yeah okay." I wasn't brave enough to fake a yawn like I was planning to.
I felt terrible and guilty, and so bad that I was blowing him off. See why below.
Three days ago, I think - or was it five? - I told him he had to stop calling me every day.
Ever since he told me he had a thing for me on Monday, he started calling every day, saying that he was determined to make me change my mind about him, and make me like him the way he did me.
He got annoying, and clingy - nobody likes a guy who calls every. single. day. Right?
And if I didn't pick up the phone, he'd call me on another number that I wouldn't recognise - like he was testing if I was avoiding him or if I just could hear my phone ringing.
Truth be told, a friend warned me he might do this so I avoided all phone calls - for a day.
I eventually answered his call at night. I felt bad about ignoring him because I had told him on Monday, that I didn't want things to be different between us. I was 'still his friend who he could call if he needed to talk'.
Stupid of me to have said that.
Anyway, four or five days ago, I finally told him to stop calling me every day. Reason being that it would not help in convincing me to go out with him.
"Okay, I won't call you every day," he promised.
"Not even every two days."
Pause. "Oh." Pause. "Okay."
Ha! I knew he was planning on calling me every two days!
I hate clingy guys more than anything.
The thing is, I never knew him like that. I never knew how clingy he could be. Now I see him like this clingy, desperate guy looking for my attention.
Yuck, I hate him like that, I'm not sure I still want things to be normal between us, I just want to go back in time when I was oblivious to this... side of him.
Anyway, that was five days ago. I guess he had every right to call me today. But I blew him off. This is why I felt and still feel terrible and guilty.
I pretended that I was going back to bed when instead I began writing this post about his phone call.
He kept apologising for having woken me up and I could hear in his voice that he understood that I just didn't want to talk to him.
Does that make me a terrible person?
Just because he likes me, I'm trying to push him away?
Actually, I wasn't planning on pushing him away.
See, I usually try to distance myself from the guys who like me but I don't, just so they stop liking me. Does that even make sense?
I think deep down, I do that just to see who fights back, who is willing to fight for me. M did. But he fought like a Nancy.
I didn't like that. So I couldn't help but push him away. Tell me I wasn't too harsh on him?
I think I'll finish this post another time. If I start telling stories about Apple too, it'd be way too long.
M's story isn't even finished yet - that was just the ending.
I think he hates me now.
Also, I noticed when I updated my last post, I stopped getting visits from France. This kind of thing always happens to me. I'll talk about this later too.
I'm not sure how much sense this post made but maybe with my next update it'll become clearer.
I'm going to bed. Goodnight!
Ah Kimmy :)
ReplyDeleteYou make me laugh.
I know how you feel about clingy men. I have this one man who will NOT stop messaging me. I stopped replying over a month ago.
They just don't learn.
I like the way you set out your writing :)
It's easy to read.
Keep writing.
xox
I got a bit lost half way through but was having so much fun reading that I didn't stop until the end. Only thing I can think of to stop the clingy is to get caller display and only answer the calls from the people you want to talk to.
ReplyDeleteOh, Kimmy...
ReplyDeleteOkay, first of all, let me give you a guy's perspective. I think you weren't too harsh, and that it's just a difficult situation. I've been on his end of it before, and it hurts. I've been on your end of it before, and I actually wished I hadn't found it clingy or annoying when someone really liked me. Truth is, the next time I find anybody having a crush on me - I'm going to take the chance.
It is very rare to have someone appreciate you, and if someone thinks of you as so precious, they will work hard at trying not to be so clingy if you're willing to give them a chance.
I don't know what I mean, I'm sure you have your reasons to reserve yourself. Just... keep an open mind, would be my advice, okay?
And three things:
1) House is good!
2) Should I get Twitter?
3) My blunt opinion is, you should feel bad. But be nice to the guy next time. Trust me, you'll feel good about it, whether he's disgustingly clingy or not.
Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Little Bird: Thanks. They really don't, do they? I wish this one did though; now I see him differently. In a bad way.
ReplyDeleteSparkless: Sorry about that. Thank you for reading until the end and commenting though. (: I already have that. What's annoying is that he calls me from another cellphone to make sure I wasn't ignoring his calls. Not that I'm sure those unknown callers were him. But it was suspicious how right after his three missed-calls, an unknown number called.
Michael: 1. I know, right?
2. Definitely. I found it dumb at first but now I'm more often on Twitter than on Facebook. If you do get Twitter, don't forget to follow me. ^_^
3. I do feel bad and I was already planning on being nice to him next time. Maybe I'll call him myself. Just, not today.
Thank you for the advice. You have a point and I agree with you, but it's not just because he's clingy that I won't give him a chance. I don't like him like that. Plus there's another reason that I'll talk about later. (:
This has happened to me before, with a past boyfriend. I tried to hint that talking all the time was annoying, but he was insanely sensitive. I have little advice for this kind of situation, really. I never handled it very well. But I wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add, House is an awesome show. It's been my favourite ever since it came out, even though it got a little bit dodgy in the fourth season. By the way, the guy who plays Chase, is Australian, not British. Hugh Laurie (House) is British, but puts on an American accent (his actual accent is awesome though).
ReplyDeleteYes, I know these things xD
Some people say the fourth season was the best, introducing Kutner, Amber, Thirteen and Taub. Others disapprove. I tend to believe the first season of any show is the best. After that, it's usually a downhill slope from there...
ReplyDelete(unless it's Lost)
Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Jacynta: It's okay, hopefully everything will fall into place with time. Thank you. (: haha, I knew about Hugh Laurie too, he's accent is the best! In the series Chase is British though, right? I just started watching the first season this week. For the moment, I can't tell if I'm going to be disappointed or not. But I have to agree with Michael, the first season of any show is usually the best.
ReplyDeleteMichael: I disagree about Lost though. Sorry. ^_^ Desperate Housewives would have made a better example, but I don't think you watch that do you?
In the show Chase is actually supposed to be Australian. House makes heaps of jokes about him being British in the first season though, as it tends to annoy some Australians. I love the first season, that's my favourite one.
ReplyDeleteI watch everything, and don't think for a second that I'm even joking or exaggerrating about that.
ReplyDeleteWhat was Lost's problem for you? I think it's the best show written in this millenium so far. If you didn't watch it from the beginning, then I don't know what could possibly lead you to conclude that. The writers on Lost are ingenious, and are simply the best in showbiz today.
I also think Desperate Housewives was at its best in the first season. The writing now, five years later, is really shit.
Michael.
Jacynta: Oh okay, I think I should change that label then. ^_^
ReplyDeleteMichael: I'm not sure, I just lost interest by the start of the second season. I think the feeling of not knowing what is really going on got to me and I gave up. I consider the writers of Supernatural the best for the moment. Well, probably not *the* best but hey, everyone has an opinion. ^_^
Sounds like this guy is pretty clingy. I hate that. There's a fine line between a guy whose interested in you and a little attentive and a guy who is full on clingy and obnoxious.
ReplyDeleteKimmy I think you were right!
ReplyDeleteKate xx
Hey Kimmy!
ReplyDeleteI'm married along with most of my friends, so I don't hear stories like these much anymore, but I do recall stories similar to this. I agree with Michael. I would just say to be nice to him next time, but be sure not to lead him on unless you are interested of course. :)
Thanks for posting, it was an interesting read. I totally agree with Sparkless, I did get a little lost, but I enjoy your writing and wanted to know that I made it all the way to the end! I wouldn't stop until I got there!
Have a great week!
Emma Grace: Too true.
ReplyDeleteKate: I'm not exactly sure what you think I was right about, but thank you. ^^
Katie: Of course I won't. Thanks and have a great week too!
See, I found you!!! hahaha
ReplyDeleteI will be back!
Woah! What's wrong with us that we get stalkers? Although, I'm not as nice as you and definitely don't feel guilty about blowing them off (if they're being unreasonable...which both of ours are).
ReplyDeleteTell him you've got something due in a month's time, then you've got to organise christmas stuff after that, and that you guys can hang out in the new year. And by that, you mean never.
...Just don't say that last bit out loud like I did though.
Hello from Nouméa
ReplyDeleteDon't remember how I found your blog
Don't have advices
Love "House Md " too
And am waiting for the rest of the fruits stories so !!! get to it please
you shouldnt feel bad about blowing him off because u told him nicely not to call and if he isnt getting the hint, then thats his prob. clingy people r scary..i guess i watch too much tv but they always turn out to be stalkers/killers lol....stay away from him!! :)
ReplyDeleteAgree with Kate, and post more, post often ;)
ReplyDeleteWRWYR: haha, I can see that. Thank you for following. (:
ReplyDeleteyoumakemydate: I've been asking myself the same thing. He'd never believe me. That's why I'm ignoring his call right now. haha, I'm sorry for your stalker! I thought you'd be 'happy to meet him again some time'? I hope you update about this on your blog. (:
Lilas Conuts: Thank you for following. I've already posted the rest of the story. (:
lissylove: They are scary! Problem is, most of my friends are friends with him. Staying away completely is not as easy.
Ian: Thank you, I will!