Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My 'apple pie' Saturday night.

This is a very long post. You've been warned.

It was a Friday when we met, Apple and I.

I had heard a lot about him - how he was the most studious boy ever. And when I finally saw him in person that one Friday afternoon in my GP tuition, he swept me off my feet.

Like, totally not.

Apple seemed like the kind of guy who would help you out whenever you needed him. He's also the shyest guy I know who says that he isn't shy at all.

At first he looked like a nice guy and I accepted to give him my MSN e-mail address when he asked oh-so politely.

It. Was. The. Biggest. Mistake. Of. My. Life.

(That, and the time when I told M that I was 'still his friend who he could call if he needed to talk.' You can learn more about M here if you haven't read my last post.)

Ever since I added Apple on my contact-list on MSN, he began assaulting me!

Okay, maybe not assault, but each time I'd sign in, I'd see a little orange box flashing in my task-bar.

It's Apple, saying "Hi!"

And ten minutes later when I haven't replied yet, the little box would flash orange again. This time, Apple is saying: "How are you?"

Yes, I know, he seems like a very nice guy, how mean of me to ignore him like that!

But tell me how would you feel if someone asked you how you were doing two hours after actually seeing you at tuition that day?

Two hours after having actually spoken to you, face to face?

Two hours after having actually seen how you were doing?

Two hours aft- you get the point.

I always reply him, though.

Maybe not always, but still, I do reply most of the time.

And so what if I reply the next day? Or, two days later?

At least I apologise, telling him how busy I was the day before (or the day before yesterday) and how I didn't check my computer at all. Lies!

His answer to that was most of the time the same: "It's okay. I'm used to it."

You must be thinking he got used to my replying so tardily to his online conversations, but no. I asked. (because I thought the same thing and felt extremely badly.) He said he was used to people not replying to him. People, as in, other persons he chats with online. They too, don't reply. Some never do.

...

Anyway, Saturday October 31st arrived (the first weekend of our summer holidays), and most of my friends and I went to a club called Shout.

Apple was there.

I greeted him with a huge smile on my face, because his hair made me want to burst out laughing. (It was all spiky and everything. Like the Joe Hawk, only worse)

I think he thought I was really excited about his being there.

To avoid awkwardness (because he just stood by me while I laughed about an inside joke with my friends (the inside joke was him, really. ><)), I told him not to forget that he promised me a drink.

I should have let the awkwardness spiral like crazy, because next thing I know, Apple was saying "Okay, let's go." and his arm was around my shoulders.

He friggin' touched my shoulder with his sweaty palm!

We made our way through the crowd, and I tried to walk as quickly as possible just to get him to let go of me.

When he couldn't reach my shoulders anymore, he placed his hand on the small of my back and I think I actually yelped and retreated from his touch.

"Don't touch me!" I said through gritted teeth, throwing a big fat fake smile his way.

Thank God he didn't hear me, because he just grinned back.

And he looked creepy like that.

At the bar, he asked what I wanted to drink and I said, "The one with the lowest price, thanks. Wouldn't want you to spend too much on me."

"Oh don't worry about it." He placed a hand on the bar surface, conveniently placing his arm around me.

I almost cried.

Then M joined us and I jumped away from Apple, pretending to have something to say to M.

M thought I was being stupid for ordering a Smirnoff Ice. I thought I was being nice.

Apparently, M saw that Apple was a 'sucker for me' and that he would buy anything for me just so he could 'get me'. Whatever that meant.

I changed my order. I don't know why I listened to M but I did.

The price was doubled but Apple didn't complain.

So gentlemanly of him right?

When I finally got my drink, I thanked Apple (very sincerely, I must say) and took the money for it out of Apple's hand because I was closest to the bartender, and while I was paying, Apple freakin' took the glass and had 'a sip'.

More like a huge audible gulp.

I stared at him, a bit taken aback while Apple scrunched up his face at the taste of the alcohol.

It was a funny sight, especially since the drink had Redbull in it and it tasted like juice more than anything. (Sweet is like juice right?)

And I was taken aback because, well let me think, uh, he bought the drink for me?

Of course I would have shared the drink (even if I didn't feel like drinking it anymore because of the way he drank), but isn't it not-gentlemanly to drink from the glass first when he bought it for me in the first place?

...

Did that just make sense?

Doesn't matter. M was laughing his ass off with my other friend, Anna because they too, found that it wasn't a nice move Apple did there.

We all went back to the dance floor, mostly because I wanted to get away from Apple already.

I know, I'm mean, but you've got to understand that Apple had his hands everywhere!

He wasn't being a pervert or anything, I think, but I was extremely uncomfortable, especially whenever he tried to put his arm around my shoulders, even if I was taller than him because of my heels.

Also, note that his arm was around my shoulders, like I was his buddy or something...

After I finally got my drink to myself, we all went back to the dance floor. Apple followed his hand desperately trying to touch my back when I tried to walk quickly away from him.

I mean, I know I couldn't have just left him at the bar but a part of me was hoping he wouldn't follow.

And all parts of me wished he'd stop touching me.

As we walked, Apple drank some more from my the drink.

He didn't even ask before taking it out of my hand. Though I wouldn't have said no even if he did. He paid for it, after all.

Once we were back where I was dancing with my group of friends (who were all laughing at the sight of us approaching), I dashed for the Ladies' (with my drink), dragging my friend Anna with me.

"I'll be right back!" I shouted, when Apple grabbed my arm, demanding where I was going.

Okay, he wasn't as aggressive as I made it sound but anyway.

I was back fifteen minutes later and my plan worked! Apple was gone, gone, gone!

Hear the echo that makes it all the more dramatic?

Though I was glad Apple was away from me with his other friends, I had to endure another kind of pain; my friends making fun of Apple.

They were acting mean, and I didn't approve of the jokes but I laughed anyway.

Truth be told, they were hilarious, but it still doesn't make it right.

That's not the bad part. They kept saying how Apple drank from the glass because it was like 'kissing me'. And they went on about how I should be careful or Apple might 'throw himself at me' from out of nowhere.

Ugh, gag me.

Later on, we were dancing again and Apple joined us.

"You wanna dance?" he asked me, leaning in closer to my ear when I tried to lean further away from him.

I almost laughed out loud. "Um, I already am dancing."

I think he forgot the 'with me' part, and thank God he did!

He was like such a dork!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I am cool or whatever. I'm a dork too, from what I can tell. But he was like the typical 'nerds' you see in the teenage movies, you know? The ones people always make fun of?

Yes I know, I'm a terrible person. I'm not very proud of this.

So anyway, M says Apple has a crush on me.

I don't know about that, but the way he behaves (apparently, it's only when he's around me) is hilarious.

What I do know is that I was extremely mean to Apple that Saturday (October 31st). I even asked him to go buy another drink for me, because my feet hurt.

He was a bit reluctant, but I said I'd give him money to pay for it.

And he agreed. I'll admit, part of me expected him to oppose. What, being the gentleman that he is.

I wished I had shut my mouth then, because I said, "Aw, you're not paying? You said you'd buy me more than one drink."

I wished he hadn't heard me then like he didn't hear when I told him not to touch me.

It was M's idea, though, "to see how far Apple would go to 'get me'".

But I know I'm really the one to blame.

...

Stupid M.

I'm never listening to him again.

I'm already not answering his phone calls (for other reasons)(and yes, he started calling me every day again. At one in the morning instead of midnight now).

Anyway, when we all began to leave the club at about 5 a.m., Apple didn't even say goodbye.

I was standing right there and he ignored me!

I think it was another friend of mine's fault. He was sitting with Apple, waiting for the ride home, and he was chanting, "Kimmy, Kimmy, Kimmy..."

I suppose Apple felt embarrassed to come say goodbye, but at that time, I thought he was mad at me.

How do I know he wasn't?

On Monday (November 2nd) when I signed in on MSN, a little box flashed orange in my task-bar.

It was Apple. "Hi! Had fun on Saturday?"

And yes, I know, that still doesn't mean I'm not a terrible person. Or does it?

21 comments:

  1. Ok, now I'm hooked and following along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian: Thank you, I hope I don't disappoint in my future posts.

    Sparkless: I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm hoping not? ._.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like Ian, am also hooked. This is great. Following now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no worries on disappointing on future posts. I do it with grace on each and every post of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO FOLLOWING! love ur blog. Lol, hey if he said 'I'm, used to it' does that mean that he is super clingy-grabby with everyone he meets?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very annoying when someone IM's you every time they see you online. I set mine to busy for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...sipping off my glass is a HUGE no-no! Deal BREAKER! LMAO. But seriously...ewww! He sounds like a fan, but creepy I think.
    I agree with Jen...set your status to busy and don't worry about it, you're not being mean!!
    I'm blog-hopping through the SITS rollcall and wishing you a Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you did as I'm really enjoying yours as well. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're confusing yourself! D:

    Which is why you should just sort your feelings out before you send him mixed signals. And if you are irritated, or not comfortable, tell him straight up. Honesty is always the best policy.

    Michael.
    Do you hate it too?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

    ReplyDelete
  10. DRB: Thank you!

    Ian: No you don't. (:

    Naomi: Haha, thanks! Yes, from what I've heard, he is the clingy-grabby type with everyone. But he's more clingy than ever with girls. ><

    Jen: It is set to busy. All the time. But he IMs me just when I sign in. One must be in front of the PC to do that, so I think when he sees the alert, he clicks on it immediately.

    Christine: I'm glad to hear that. But my status is set to busy; see my reply to Jen. Thank you and happy Sunday to you. (:

    Charlene: Thank you! Happy belated SITS Saturday Sharefest too. (:

    Michael: I'm confusing myself with what? I don't think I'm sending him any signals actually. It's not my intention anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you've been busy! I think you were very cool! I think I might have smushed him in the face and told him........(choice words..)
    Peace and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god! He sounds like a bit of a social retard. But at least the social retards I occasionally come across are happy to pay for my drinks...Please lose this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Kimmy I am sending you a big hug. He sounds like the king of mixed signals here. Hope it works out

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I come by your blog before~

    I think you should tell him straight up if you want him there or not. It seems like you do, but at the same time you don't. It hurts to be led on you know?

    Yeah....
    Following you.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. WRWYR: Haha, I wish I had! Have a good week too.

    You Make My Date: I really think you're right. But it's not easy to get a guy who's clingy to stay away. They don't know how to take a hint.

    Kate: Aw thank you. But I think you got it wrong. I should learn to express myself a bit better. I don't want things to work out between him and I. I just want him to leave me alone, without being mad at me.

    Elizabeth: I really, really don't want him there. I just don't like people to be mad at me. It's not my intention to lead him on so I guess there's nothing to worry about here. Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Technolustmaxx: Why thank you! I hope you visit again soon. (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol. funny. AND i see you had your reasons ;) glad i dropped by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what you need is a business card that says
    "Sorry, this date is not going to work. Please refer to things-not-to-do-on-a-date.com for further information."

    someone needs to make the website though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. helloooo :D you're so funny
    im in love with your posts and im only up to the second one ^^

    i was in the same boat just a week ago :(-- what with the whole 'creepy guy who won't lay off' thing
    i find feign ignorance of the person's existence to work the trick
    though it's mean... but it's better than saying it straight to their face :DD

    p.s. how old are you and where are you from?

    xo
    rach

    tap back: www.rachel-maykay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. little miss angry: Thank you! (:

    Lexicon: Haha love this! Thanks for stopping by!

    rachel may: Aw I think it really might do the trick. I hope I'm up to it next time I see him, though. Thank you! And I've tapped back. (:

    ReplyDelete