It really isn't because life got in the way. I mean, it's me we're talking about; my life isn't that busy.
In my last post I said I'd update about how my Saturday (November 21st) night went, at a club called Shout. Well, below you'll see why I didn't update.
I won a Blog Award! (No, this isn't the reason, keep reading)
This is like one of the best things about my holidays. I never thought I'd win an award but there it is! I'll move on to the instructions now.
Can you sense my giddiness from your side of the world?
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
Katie (Confessions of a Whimsical Mind), thank you so much for awarding me this Blog... wait, let me rephrase that. Thank you so much for the Blog Award! You don't know how much this means to me! Or maybe you do, since this was your first Award too, but it really means a lot, lot, lot, that you think my blog is worth this. So thank you!
Note to other people than Katie: check out her blog; it's worth a read and follow. It's cheerful, funny, interesting and I always look forward to her next updates. They're all great reads. I always smile when I visit her blog.
2. Copy the award.
I find it quite stupid how Instruction #2 and Instruction #3 isn't put together. But that's just me.
3. Post it in your blog.

4. Tell Us 7 things that your readers don't know.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
Katie (Confessions of a Whimsical Mind), thank you so much for awarding me this Blog... wait, let me rephrase that. Thank you so much for the Blog Award! You don't know how much this means to me! Or maybe you do, since this was your first Award too, but it really means a lot, lot, lot, that you think my blog is worth this. So thank you!
Note to other people than Katie: check out her blog; it's worth a read and follow. It's cheerful, funny, interesting and I always look forward to her next updates. They're all great reads. I always smile when I visit her blog.
2. Copy the award.
I find it quite stupid how Instruction #2 and Instruction #3 isn't put together. But that's just me.

4. Tell Us 7 things that your readers don't know.
So this is where I tell you about my Saturday night on November 21st.
*My cousin Izzie came home that night. We were meant to go to the club together and when she arrived, stupid me, I forgot all about eating dinner and just talked to her until it was time to get ourselves ready. The last time I ate that day was 4 p.m. and when we reached Shout at past midnight, first thing we did was have a drink. Dance. And more drinks.
M was there. I said Hi to him (in a really cheerful manner I must say), but he totally glared at me. Well, not so much as glare as look at me drunkenly.
Still, he didn't return the cheerfulness and he left, while I went to meet my other friends. Who bought me more drinks.
M really doesn't have much to do in the story. Not as much as I thought when I last updated my blog that is.
At around 4 a.m.,after throwing up at least three times, I passed out.
I swear, this never happened before and is never happening again.
At around 4 a.m.,
I swear, this never happened before and is never happening again.
I didn't update earlier because I didn't want to write about this (since I promised an update on my Saturday night out). It was really embarrassing and at the moment, only a handful of people I know in real life know about it. I'm planning on keeping it that way. Sharing it with you doesn't really have an impact on my life so I think I have nothing to hide from you. Especially not my most humiliating moments.
Or maybe I'll keep those to myself next time.
So, I passed out because I consumed alcohol on an empty stomach.
Are we still Blogger Friends?
*I got my end of year exam results last Tuesday (December 1st) and I got a B in Accounting. I'm not very happy with that grade. I also got a grade I'm even less proud of in one of my subsidary subjects. I'm not putting that letter on my blog.
*I went on a three-days-stay at my friend, Tessa's bungalow on Monday. We stayed until Wednesday and I was the only single girl.
*I went on a three-days-stay at my friend, Tessa's bungalow on Monday. We stayed until Wednesday and I was the only single girl.
Wait, that sounded weird.
I was the only girl who was single. So two nights in a row were spent chatting and playing card and board games with 1. the boys who were single and 2. the boy whose girlfriend didn't come. The couples were occupied, in a non-sexual way I assure you.
*I learnt how to play poker during that trip. I thought poker was boring, but it really isn't. Not as much as I thought anyway.
*I love the colour purple. I bet you didn't know that.
*Anyone can anonymously ask me anything at http://formspring.me/missykimmy. Anything you'd like to know about me, about my country, about life; whatever you're curious about, ask me. It would be an extended version of this 'Seven things your readers don't know about you'. It's meant to be fun, so please, don't ask me about my grades.
New bloggers? I'm not sure I know any new bloggers. Instead, I'll give this award to seven awesome bloggers I follow. They are the first that came to mind when I thought about who to pass this award on to, so it doesn't mean the other blogs I follow aren't worthy enough. (This sounded like a disclaimer, didn't it?)
*Kate at SecretOfficeConfessions.
The most hilarious stories about what happens in the office of a publishing company in London.
*Sparkless at Madness From The Brink Of Insanity.
*Sparkless at Madness From The Brink Of Insanity.
Heartwarming stories about her life.
Hilarious and delightful stories about her dates... or dating disasters.
This is the blog most people can relate to. And it's hilarious, by the way.
Amazing blog with breathtaking stories. With anecdotes from her life too.
It's all in the title. Hilarious blog about people everyone encounter in their life.
It's stories that make you smile. Like, really smile.
I don't think I need to say why I love each blog. It's something you should check out for yourself. But trust me, they're all awesome.
I don't think I need to say why I love each blog. It's something you should check out for yourself. But trust me, they're all awesome.
I'm so sure about that, that I can say, "if you don't like those blogs, something is seriously wrong with you," without being worried about insulting anyone.
6. Notify winners of award with comment on their blog.
I will, as soon as I stop procrastinating.
7. Keep being Awesome.
I'll try.
I know, this post is massively long. Does it make up for the three weeks I was absent from the Blogosphere? I'll try to update this week again. What do you want me to blog about?
Also, can everyone please leave a comment and recommend one blog? I'm looking for interesting blogs to read, preferably light in content. Any suggestions?
I'll end this post now. But before that, if you're curious about anything, ask me at http://formspring.me/missykimmy.
It's anonymous, so really, you can ask me about absolutely anything.
Oh! I almost forgot; I'm starting something new. After each of my posts, I'll ask a question for you to answer by commenting.
Since I told you my favourite colour earlier, that would be the first question:
What's your favourite colour?
(If this is a stupid idea, let me know ASAP.)
(If this is a stupid idea, let me know ASAP.)
Hi Kimmy, so glad to see you're back! This is my first time back in a while myself! I hate knowing my blog isn't fresh, but I am doing so many other things like decorating, working, cooking, etc. these days.... That's my excuse anyways.
ReplyDelete#1) - Love the label for the post...where do you come up with these things?! (also always like bottom of your blog)
#2) - Fave color - yellow, but pink in other things like random items to buy. I'm not one of those girly-girls that's just addicted to everything pink, but sometimes yeah, it's cuter pink than blue or green. I always figured you liked purple. ;) Hm...guess you might figure I like pink, come to think of it, since my blog is pretty pink.
#3) Thanks for all the compliments and the referral to my blog! I'm excited about having new followers maybe! But wait...that would give me more responsibility to keep them up to date on life's events...hmmm...maybe I should think twice about the pros and cons of more followers....
#4) - I plan to come back to Formspring Me when I come up with some interesting questions. I had never heard of that til you, but it's interesting. I might come ask about that undisclosed grade of yours. Nahhh! I've had my share of those and know the feeling!
#5) - I'm not sure if there is a #5, I was just kinda on a roll with this. It's been so long since I blogged, it's coming naturally to make a blog-post sized comment on YOUR blog! Geez!
I'm leaving now! Talk later! Thanks again for the nice words about my blog! Love reading yours too!
awww thank you so much for the award! i'm so glad you like my blog. i'll even forgive you for drinking so much that you passed out. lol!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the award! I'm a little shocked that my ramblings are that entertaining that you thought of me when there are so many great blogs out there. But thank you so much! And thanks for giving us a link to all those other great blogs too cause I'm always looking for new ones to read and now I have a whole new crop of them.
ReplyDeleteNow I just have to figure out how to put your award on my site and make links.
Oh and my favorite color is blue.
Kimmy, thanks a million for the award! I'm so proud to be listed up there, even if it is for making a dating fool of myself :)
ReplyDeleteI've been super busy, but I will get around to forwarding it to other bloggers.
PS. Favourite colour would be black - a girl can't go past a LBD!
Yea, you're back! I was beginning to wonder... Yes, we're still blogger friends, think of it as the internet version of me holding your hair back while you puke. =)
ReplyDeleteFavorite color is black. It goes with everything.
Congrats on the award and definately purple!
ReplyDeleteThanks and apparently you haven't read my entire blog. It will mainly bore you to death and make you lol at some points. The posts change along with my moods which are fierce, and humbling at times ;)
ReplyDeleteI thank you for cheering me up. I really needed it a shtload today. Thanks!
thedailydoseofreality.blogspot.com
Katie: I think this is the longest comment ever haha. Thank you too! And about the labels, not sure even I know. I understand the whole not being the girly girly type of girl. I'm just like that too. Haha, looking forward to your not-my-grades-related question(s) on formspring!
ReplyDeleteSarah: You're welcome and thank you! This actually means a lot to me. (:
Sparkless: Oh but you shouldn't be shocked! You're very welcome. Let me know if you still haven't figured that out haha.
You Make My Date: Aw, you're welcome! I can't rush you on that one. I've been meaning to make this post three weeks ago. And I completely agree. (...wait, LBD means little black dress right?)
Kristy: Haha thank you so much, this really means A LOT! You're right; it's the reason I wear black so often. I hope you're well! (:
Marla: Thanks! Yay for purple! And I'm so sorry, I think I still haven't checked out your blog yet. That was three weeks ago I think. I'll see you there some times this week. (;
Ian: You're very welcome! Your blog may be a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them. What did you need cheering up for? This just got me worried.
Thank you everyone (most of you anyway haha) for answering the 'Question of the day'... or mostly of the post... or something. I think it'll be even more fun in later updates. (:
Oh yeah...umm, er I think Blue. Some days are just better than others. That's all. Read today's foray of posts to get more info.
ReplyDeleteOne more thing to add. I had better not see another post in 3 weeks. Let's shoot for 2 this time ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm going to have to... get back to you on the award bestowed upon me, but I thank you sincerely and humbly. I'll get to it when I find some time. :)
ReplyDeleteMichael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Holy Holism!
Thanks Kimmy - nice to see you back I was missing you (Like I could forget you). Plus thanks for passing on the award I promise I will put up as soon as I think of something witty to add!
ReplyDeleteKate xx
Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to thanking you for your lovely award on my blog:
ReplyDeletehttp://youmakemydate.blogspot.com/
Merry belated christmas and have a happy new year!
x S
Where or where did Missy Kimmy go? We miss you!!!
ReplyDeletethere is an award for you at my blog!
ReplyDelete